The Blizzard Heat Casualty Blanket allows paramedics and
search-and-rescue personnel to stabilize hypothermic patients or
patients in shock while still in the field. By combining Reflexcell
insulating technology with four oxygen-activated heating pads, first
responders can not only stall core temperature loss, but actually
- Three-layer Reflexcell shell reflects body heat back toward patient,
while also creating cells of dead air that insulate against external
- Four oxygen-activated heating pads generate additional heat to warm patients already suffering from hypothermia or shock.
- Front and side access points with hook-and-loop closures allow first
responders access to monitor blood pressure, start IVs, change
- When vacuum-sealed, the Blizzard Heat Casualty Blanket measures just 12 in. x 10 in. x 3 in. and weighs just over 4 lbs.
- The blanket opens out to 96 in. long x 78 in. wide, but elastic in
the outer shell means the bag will always fit snugly around the patient.