The Russell PneumoFix®
is a sterile chest decompression device
designed for the management of tension pneumothorax, simple
pneumothorax, and pleural effusion.
Designed by practicing
clinicians who understand the limitations of conventional equipment, the
Russell PneumoFix® has many features that make it a truly useful tool
for the emergency care provider.Features
- For medical professionals, use of the Russell PneumoFix® is quick, simple, and intuitive.
the intravenous cannula, used historically in an improvised way for the
management of tension pneumothorax, the Russell PneumoFix® is designed
specifically for this purpose.
- The Russell PneumoFix® has been designed to be inserted without the need for a scalpel or skin incision.
- The device incorporates a Veress-tipped needle to minimize risk of injury to lung tissue.
- 11cm long catheter – long enough to reach the pleural cavity of the vast majority of patients
- Low pressure one-way valve to allow air and fluid out but nothing in
- Graduated markings and X-ray detectable catheter for depth recording and accurate localization at hospital
- 12-Gauge catheter allows for rapid venting of air in tension pneumothorax
- Material chosen minimizes the risk of kinking of the catheter